A few months ago I alluded to a situation at work that I couldn’t discuss. The fact is, I’ve been too stressed about it to blog much since it first arose. It’s resolved now, and probably for the best. I’m not staying at The School next year- my position was redesigned and someone else was hired. I don’t have any definite plans yet, but you, dear readers, will know as soon as I do. The good news is that I’m paid through the summer, so I have some space to figure out what’s next.
And oh, I’ve had plenty of space to read.
I’m going to cheat a little and list only what I can remember from the last few months. I hope to be back on track for July… To compensate for the gloomy tone of this post I will include interesting pictures (mostly of myself) on the side. Would it be a real post without them anyway?
Daily spiritual reading-
- The Bible
- Elder Leonid of Optina, Fr. Clement Sederholm
- A heck of a lot of the Hamish Macbeth series
- Many of the Isabel Dalhousie series
- Everyday Saints and Other Stories, Archimandrite Tikhon
- Look Me In the Eye, John Elder Robison
Work- (personal work, really)
- As It Is In Heaven, Arlene Hutton
- Wonder, RJ Palacio
Books that have been on hold, but want to finish-
- The Gulag Archipelago, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (but I WILL finish it)
- War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy
- Beauty for Ashes, Stephen R. Lloyd-Moffett
- Audrey, Wait!, Robin Benway (rerereread)
- Summerland, Elin Hilderbrand
- The Elite, Keira Cass
- Columbine, Dave Cullen
- Just One Day, Gayle Forman
- Lola and the Boy Next Door, Stephanie Perkins
- The Starter Wife, Gigi Levangie Grazer (this was a HORRIBLE book)
Stopped because I couldn’t take it anymore-
- The Book of Revelation, Matt Dorff (looks so cool!)
Happy reading, folks!