Happy December, everyone! This is incredibly late, due to flakiness and a bout with the Respiratory Syncytial Virus going around right now. It’s been very unpleasant, but my voice is almost back to normal.
November was quite the month. 1984 came off beautifully. Better, even than I anticipated. I rather miss the madness- but not for long! I’ve finished casting our next show- The Comedy of Errors. Two sets of twins, Shakespeare steampunk style. We’ll be going to a competition in March, and I hope we’ll do well.
That’s about all I have for you today. Happy reading!
Daily spiritual reading-
- The Bible (via http://jordanville.org)
- Elder Ambrose of Optina, Sergius Chetverikov
- Dragonfly in Amber, Diana Gabaldon
- Someone Like You, Sarah Dessen (re-re-re-re-re-read)
- The Pushcart War, Jean Merrill
- Freeing Shakespeare’s Voice, Kristen Linklater
Books that have been on hold, but want to finish-
- The Shipping News, E. Annie Proulx
- To the Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf
- Cold Sassy Tree, Olive Ann Burns
- The Gulag Archipelago, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (but I WILL finish it)
- Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy, Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick
- The Girl Who Stopped Swimming, Joshilyn Jackson (audio book)
- The Lightning Thief, Rick Riordan
- The Sea of Monsters, Rick Riordan
- The Titan’s Curse, Rick Riordan
- The Battle of the Labyrinth, Rick Riordan
- The Last Olympian, Rick Riordan
- Outlander, Diana Gabaldon
- Bitter End, Jennifer Brown
- The Selection, Kiera Cass
- Comedy of Errors, William Shakespeare
Stopped because I couldn’t take it anymore-
- Comedy of Errors, William Shakespeare (I’ll be reading this over, and over, and over…)
- Dreamland, Sarah Dessen
- …War and Peace?