1. I was in Minnesota this past week, introducing Bill Cosby at a conference, in front of four thousand people. Of the many random things I’ve done in my life, this is one of the randomest. (Most random?) I think it was a success. Even if it wasn’t, they cared way more about Cosby than me, so I fulfilled the chief requirements of speaking audibly and not passing out onstage.
2. MY KINDLE IS DEAD. IT WAS FINE LAST NIGHT. NOW IT IS NOT. I FOUND THIS OUT ON THE SUBWAY WITH NOTHING ELSE TO READ. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
3. This meant, of course, that I needed to stop and buy a new book. So I did. Tragic, huh? (FYI- I usually post images of the edition I’m reading, but Amazon didn’t have one.) While buying at an awesome bookstore, the lovely book seller told me that this was one of his favorites. While searching, I realized just how many books they didn’t have that I’m looking for…
4. Including The Pillars of the Earth, The Wise Man’s Fear, and Outlander. I’m on a fantasy kick (or at least want to be). I also hoped to find A Clockwork Orange, which I was about 30% through when Kindle kicked the bucket. I’m still on my quest to find a used/cheap copy of the Pevear and Volokhonsky translation of The Brothers Karamazov. I searched Minneapolis high and low, but the Midwest proved as barren as the greater Boston area.
5. My 30 before 30 list contains few SFF books, but it’s been zipping along. If you check the updated page, you’ll see that I’ve already finished Wuthering Heights and Breakfast at Tiffany’s, and I’m in the middle of a few others. In fact, I may be zipping along a little too fast. I do have to stretch this out until 2016. Suggestions for slowing down (book recommendations!) welcome.
6. I need plays to read that would be appropriate for high school or middle school productions. Your thoughts?
Happy Saturday, y’all.